Logan "Coach" RamirezRecommended Blackbelt Taekwondo
Logan Ramirez (aka “Coach”) is a martial arts parent and student. A computer science graduate of Trinity University, Logan runs Orange Pulley (a web company), is married to a Minnesota woman, and together they have four children (the oldest of which trains at CTL, too!).
On his black belt journey he has been fortunate enough to train and learn under Master Jose Ramirez in Taekwondo, American Tang Soo Do, Wing Chun Fundamentals (as applied to self defense), and various weapons including nunchucks, bo staff, escrima sticks, and knife defense.
In addition to his martial arts training, Logan has started a podcast and brand called TaeKwonDaddy where he interviews martial artists about their passion and explores the most recent developments in social emotional learning and how they apply to martial arts.
Awards and Honors
- 2017, 1st Place, Sparring, Dojo Challenge, 1st place 40+ Men’s Advanced Belt (as blue belt)
- 2017, Pilsung of the Quarter (Q2, 2017)
- 2017, Pilsung of the Quarter (Q4, 2017)
- 2017, Pilsung of the Year, Christian Taekwondo League
- 2018, 1st Place, Sparring, Dojo Challenge, 40+ Men’s Advanced Belt (as brown belt)
- 2018, 1st Place, Forms, AOK, Men’s 18+
- 2018, 1st Place, Sparring, AOK, Men’s Advanced Belt 35+
- 2018, Competitor of the Year, CTL
- 2018, Received Service Award from CTL for time teaching students
- 2019, Awarded title of Coach at CTL
- 2019, Pilsung of the Cycle (Cycle 1, 2019)